Highways offering the discounts are the:
- North-South Expressway (Plus),
- North South Expressway Central Link (Elite),
- Seremban-Port Dickson Highway (SPDH),
- Malaysia-Singapore Second Crossing (Linkedua),
- Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (KLBK),
- Damansara Puchong Highway (LDP),
- Western KL Traffic Dispersal System Highway (Sprint),
- Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway,
- East Coast Expressway,
- Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (Akleh),
- Guthrie Corridor Expressway (Guthrie),
- Kemuning Shah Alam Highway (LKSA),
- Sungai Besi Expressway (Besraya),
- New Pantai Expressway (NPE),
- Kajang-Seremban Highway (Lekas),
- Shah Alam Expressway (Kesas),
- Duta-Ulu Kelang Expressway (Duke),
- Cheras-Kajang Expressway (Grand Saga),
- Smart Highway,
- New North Klang Straits Bypass (NNKSB),
- Kuala Lumpur-Putrajaya Expressway (KLP),
- Kajang Traffic Dispersal Ring Road (Silk) and
- South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE).
- ???..................Latar Highway
"Motorists using the LDP will not be imposed toll charges on Merdeka Day starting midnight until 11.59am," he told a news conference after launching the ministry-level Aidilfitri Safety Campaign at Guthrie Highway's Lagong Toll Plaza on Thursday.
He said the discounts were in line with the seventh National Key Result Area announced last month to battle increased cost of living.
Meanwhile, Shaziman said in efforts to heighten road safety the ministry has carried out various initiatives including rehabilitation work worth RM15.66mil at 37 federal road blackspots and RM8.1mil at 10 blackspot locations on highways last year.
"Improvements on federal roads have shown a positive impact, whereby records and monitoring by the Malaysian Highway Authority showed that 112 accidents recorded on highways from January to June 2009 have dropped to 24 accidents during the same period this year.
"The 37 blackspot locations on federal roads which have been rehabilitated showed no accidents until June 2011, compared to 395 accidents in 2009," he added.